Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The bliss of lazy mornings

is so inviting that I decided to stay an extra hour later in bed than I did yesterday. And yesterday I stayed in bed more than 4 hours later than I have all summer. That, my friend, has got to one of the most blissful things in life. Sweet indulgence of a lazy morning. Can't be beat. Can't be duplicated.

I spent all night watching reruns of SATC, season 2. And was munching on chocolate covered fruits by the Davenports, a long line of chocolatiers and patissiers who go way back with their craft, and, oh, the crown heads of Europe.



The back panel reads:

"Dilettante Chocolates
FRUIT MEDLEY
Cherries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Apricots
in Premium White, Milk & Dark Chocolate
Here at Dilettante, third generation Master Chocolatier Dana Taylor Davenport creates our cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and apricots in premium white, milk and dark chocolate in special revolving kettles using only the finest couverture quality chocolate and premium dried fruit.

The master formulas used to create Dilettante chocolates are selected from the notebooks of Dana's grandfather, Earl Remington Davenport. Master Candymaker, and his great uncle, Julius Rudolph Franzen, a Master Confectioner and Pastry Chef to the crowned heads of Europe."

Only problem was that little old myopic me spilled some on my sheets and then didn't realize it until this morning, when I found an orange one under a pillow. Let's just say that I'm no modern-day princess and the pea.

No comments: