Sunday, July 22, 2007

O Happy Day!

I am at home and didn't have to go to work today :)
Sunday, the 7th day, Sabbath, day of rest, whatever you choose to call it, it's a good day for sleeping in and not being useful, thinks me. Don't you agree?

I've been doing research in a lab lately. And research is a b!tch. It involves working all 7 days of the week unfortunately. Although not the entire day is devoted to hard work, I still need to go in everyday (except for today) to keep my research subjects company :(

This lab does have its humorous eccentricities though. The one that I'll share here has to do with helium party balloons. The people at lab fill these shiny, rainbow-hued balloons with 95%O2+5%CO2 so that the gas can infuse into artificial cerebral spinal fluid (aCSF), which then washes over a 400um of tissue. The balloons keep the tissue alive! and since they also boost employee moral :) One can never have enough shiny party balloons at work!






My Rig



Balloon and Bottle



Wishing you a little good luck too :)

No comments: